The Arun Canoe Club (ACC) was established in 1987 by a group of like-minded individuals who enjoyed paddling. This ethos still runs throughout the club today. All coaches, trip leaders and committee members are volunteers and get no payment for the work they do. Their enthusiasm and sheer enjoyment of sharing the love they have for paddle sports with new or long-standing members and being out on the water in whatever way possible.
There is a club paddle most weekends of the year and two paddles on a number of weeks throughout the summer (May to September) when the lighter evenings are here.
Occasionally, trips are arranged away from our local waters and have varied from a week in Scotland, Whitewater weekends at Symonds Yat, Devon’s Dart or exploring the Thames or a Kent River.
Who Can Join
The club is open for all young and older members, complete novice and experienced paddlers.
What Do We Offer
- Guided trips for individuals and families
- Kayak & canoe training
- BC & 3rd party assessments (1*, 2* First Aid, FSRT)
- A fleet of boats for hire
Where Do We Paddle
We do paddle on our local rivers, sea, whitewater rivers in Wales and Devon, as well as occasionally paddlers are organising trips to different countries. Local rivers include – River Arun, River Adur, River Cuckmere, River Medway, Chechester Canal and more. Whitewater rivers include – River Dart, River Teign, River Barle, River Wey(Simonds Yat), River Usk and more. to view our paddle point, navigate to Paddle Points Page
Membership Types And Cost
- Adult Membership (£20 Annually) – For those aged 18 years or above
- Family Membership (£40 Annually) – Up to two adult partners with or without any number of children under the age of 14
- Junior Membership (£10 Annually) – For those aged 14 to 17 years inclusive